Thursday 10 February 2011

Folksy Friday Awards and Medals!


Long Service and Good Conduct!


My Lovely husband was recently awarded his Long Service and Good Conduct Medal, which he should have recieved a couple of years ago for 20 years service, but as with all things, sometimes they take a while to arrange, and along with some fellow colleagues, he eventually recieved his award in a ceremony celebrating 22 years!


I am a very proud (and long suffering!) wifely! My eldest son and I watched him recieve his medal and listened to the lovely things his colleagues and senior officers had to say about him. Unfortunately my two youngest were in school, but we have some lovely pictures to share with them of the day.






Folksy 'Medally' Gallery


This got me thinking about the long hours, committment and service to crafting we here in folksy give to our chosen vocations and hobbies, so searched out some awards and medals from fellow folksy peeps.


Please just click on the pictures to 'pin' the item to your lapel and view in more detail.













I hope you have enjoyed my Folksy Friday feature this week and will 'award' it with a comment or two.







Thank you!

17 comments:

  1. Looks great! And thank your for introducing me to IWISHIWASA because this is a brilliant shop I haven't seen before :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely theme, well done to your husband (and you!), lovely items. You and your son look very proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well done hubby!
    what a great selection, I love the all heart medal, and have discovered yet more new folksy shops - stop showing me lovely things...

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice to see such a postive and proud moment and a lovely family shot too! beautiful selection and great theme!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A perfect Folksy friday theme! Thanks for including my All Heart Medal, Congratulations!! Lovely story- warmed my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to hubby on his long service award. Lovely picks too. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! So glad I wore heels that day, otherwise I would have looked diddy next to the two big men of my house, and I'm five foot six in my bare feet, so not really tiny as it is.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely blog post Natalie! Well done to you all - such a proud day! Lovely choices too xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic post, really brilliant photos too, congratulations,
    Millie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Doesn`t he look very distinguished, you must be very proud. Congratulations. Lovely picture of the three of you too.
    I can honestly say I haven`t seen any of those items, so I am off to have a closer look. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely post, and a most original Folksy Friday!

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww. My hubby got his service medal for Sierra Leone over 10yrs late last yr!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bless him, he looks so neat and proud! You found some nice stuff to celebrate, Hooray to his big achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! How fab! You must be very proud

    Dottie x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have nominated you for a Stylish Blog Award! Pop over to my blog to claim your award!

    http://dottiedesigns.blogspot.com/

    Dottie x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, these are great. So beautiful. Hope you all enjoyed the ceremony.

    Thanks for the comment on my blog too. Very kind!

    Emily x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely blog post. Congratulations to your hubby. Love your selection of items too.

    ReplyDelete